Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mixed Media Art Journal Beach Page with Karen Bearse

Karen Bearse here today with a mixed media art journal beach page. I just came back from Spring Break with my daughter. We went to Amelia Island, FL for the first time, followed by Myrtle Beach, SC to break the trip up as far as the driving went. It was nice to just sit on the beach and recharge my batteries!


Here is the page I did to document the trip.  I decided to break out my Prima Watercolour paints and pretty much everything is coloured with them. I started with the backside of an art journal page made out of a folder.


The reeds were painted with gesso & coloured with the watercolours. The cattail ends were embossed with Charred Gold.


On the retro TV I had to do a few coats to get good colour. I used less water to get the darker colours. The antennas and feet were embossed with silver. The seagull (another chippie that I can’t stop using) was gesso-ed in white & the tips of the wings coloured.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Prima Marketing: Watercolour Set - Tropicals
- Tombow USA: Aqua Liquid Glue
- Tim Holtz Stamp
- Photo App: Rhonna/Designs

Added a little doodling. You can see some of the fun texture layers here. The square #’s are from the packaging of the individual paint cubes. Thanks for joining me today. I hope you get the chance to check out the new releases!

- Karen



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful page Karen, I love your gorgeous colour choices! x

    ReplyDelete