Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Let it Snow Card

Have you ever looked a piece of chipboard and just KNOW what you wanted to try with it? Well, when I saw Karen's patterned snowflake frame, my mind was racing! I had just tried a technique with a stamped card front that I'd seen on Pinterest that involved a used dryer sheet & glitter. Sound interesting? Well look how amazing it looks!! 


So how do you do this? First, save those used dryer sheets! FYI, I use Bounce and my girls looked at me like I'd lost my marbles when I told them to save the dryer sheets from when their laundry was done. Then I ironed them nice and smooth and enjoyed the lovely smell that was released when they were heated LOL! Don't have your iron too hot, you will melt the dryer sheets! Just keep it below a rayon setting and you'll be fine!

Next, I cut the dryer sheet down to 5.5 inches by 5.5 inches, the size of Karen's frame. Then I used a Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to colour the frame a deep teal green. Once that was dry, I sprayed one side of the dryer sheet with a permanent spray adhesive. Then I smoothed the dryer sheet over the top of the chipboard frame. Once it was smooth, I dumped a whole pile of Warm Highlight Glitter Ritz over the top and then tapped off the excess. I was left with a gorgeous gold toned glitter clinging to the dryer sheet and it stays because of the spray adhesive!


The pictures do not do this technique justice at all! I did a couple of close ups to try & show the sparkle on the project.

I also sprayed a mixture of snowflakes from Karen's Snowflakes 713 & Snowflakes 712 with the same coloured Glimmer Mist then added a couple of gemstones to finish them off. Then I die cut out the title & added one more snowflake to complete the look. 




As someone who loves to recycle & reuse items, this technique makes me happy... I hope you try it and share with us your projects! Have fun & thanks for looking! Cheers -- Melissa :D

No comments:

Post a Comment