Monday, May 14, 2018

Beach Themed Christmas Ornament with Cathy Potosky

It's finally feeling like summer here! The sun keeps shining and the beach is calling. Okay, the beach calls me all the time, it is one of my favourite places to be and I need to spend more time there.

Now don't judge!! But I made a Christmas ornament for my beach themed tree! :) These wood tags are perfect for this, lots of space to add pieces but light enough to hang on a tree.

Southern Ridge Trading Company has got you covered if you are a beach lover like me. Look at all the amazing beach/ocean themed chipboard you could have in your hands!

I started this project with the Large Wood Tags as my base and a small card from the Graphic 45 Sun Kissed pack.


I painted the tag with Finnabair Sparks in Magical Pond, used Ranger Gel Medium to adhere my tag and then, without cleaning my brush, went over the top with gel medium (with some of the paint mixed in)

While that was drying, I embossed and painted my pieces from Ocean Mix #1 and Mini Wood Starfish and my Seaside Word.




My wooden tag was dry by this point so I used glossy Accents to adhere my little pieces to my ornament.


Love the texture from the Baked Texture Embossing Powders and the shimmer from the Finnabair Sparks paints.

Here are a few close ups of the pieces where you can see the texture and colour of these. SRTC chipboard takes these mediums so well!

The coral was done with Sparks paint in Ginger Magic and then embossed with the Limited Edition Summer Sunset Embossing Powder.


I painted the seahorse with the Sparks paint in Magical Pond, Mermaid Sparkle and Iris Potion and then embossed with Fractured Ice.


The seaside word is embossed with Baked Texture Deep Sea, then highlighted with Sparks paint in Mermaid Sparkle and embossed again with Fractured Ice.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Thank you all for stopping by and having a look at my Christmas ornament (in May) !

Cathy








No comments:

Post a Comment