Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Spring Dragonfly Frame with Erin Quiding-Sampson


Hello, I’m back to share this pretty Dragonfly décor piece with you. I started off by putting a thin coat of gel medium onto the front and back pieces of the frame. I then added some decorative tissue paper to that. I set them aside and allow to dry.




After the tissue is dried rip away any excess, then use a sanding block or nail file to smooth out the sides.
I added metallic paint in copper, peridot green and white to add some interest to the frame.
I cut apart and coloured the leafy branches and added a thin coat of white acrylic to the dragonfly.


When the dragonfly was dried I painted the wings in a muted purple and blue. I also coloured the body in the peridot green.
I put a coat of Mother of pearl structure gel over everything. I thought this might give the whole piece the iridescent of a dragonfly wing.


Now it's time to assemble. I used gel medium to adhere the whole project together. Glue together the front and back pieces of the frame.


I then added the leafy branches starting from the largest to smallest.


I did the same with the flowers. I opened the flowers toward the bottom and squished together the ones closest to the top. I wanted to make them look “bud” like.


I added pop dots to the back of the dragonfly and gently curved the wings to make it stand off the frame.

Here’s a couple close ups so you can see the colours better.






Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:








Other Supplies Used:


- Stampin' Up!: Ink pads in Garden Green, Island Indigo and Rich Razzleberry
- Close To My Heart: Sanding Block
- Liquitex: Matte Gel Medium
- Folkart Acrylic Paint: Metallic Copper and Metallic Peridot
- DecoArt: White Acrylic paint
- Daler Rowney: Mother of Pearl Structure Gel
- Decorative Tissue paper
- Paintbrush and something for water
- Small flowers
- Pop dots

Thanks so much for stopping in.  
~ Erin











No comments:

Post a Comment