Friday, April 13, 2018

I Believe In Fairies Mixed Media Tag with Emma Ivemey

We are excited to welcome Emma Ivemey to our Guest Design Team. Emma is up on the blog today sharing her fabulous I Believe In Fairies Mixed Media Tag, that's sure to inspire you. Sit back and relax and learn all about how she created her first project for us!

Hello crafty friends!  I am Emma Ivemey (from Emmanade Crafts), and I am so happy to be here as a guest designer for Southern Ridge Trading Co.  I have been admiring these products for a while, so it is such fun to be working with them!


This project is a fun mixed media tag, using a couple of characters from the Lil Fairies set. The tag is kraft, from Ranger Inkssentials (size #12).
First, I gave the tag a coat of gesso, then used some patterned tissue paper to cover the entire front of the tag.  I dry-brushed some more gesso on the front of the paper when adhered.
Now for some colour!  I absolutely love DecoArt’s Media line, so here I’ve used Cobalt Teal Hue, Primary Magenta and Primary Yellow to create my background.  I love the cool green created by the mix of the yellow and blue.




Sticking with the DecoArt Media products, I used the modelling paste to add some texture with a fun stencil.


To finish off the background, I used some flower and butterfly stamps from Taylored Expressions, and Versafine Clair ink.


To decorate the chipboard fairies, I first painted them with DecoArt acrylic, then used Bo Bunny glitter paste to add some shiny accent to the wings.


For the fairies’ ‘clothes’, I’ve used some sequins and ribbon to give them some modesty!



So here is my finished tag: I’ve added a quote from Peter Pan, and little of the same ribbon as the fairy skirt through the eyelet at the top of the tag just as final touches.


I’ve had a great time creating this project!  What will be your next project with Southern Ridge products?




Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Ranger Inkssentials: Kraft Tag
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Patterned Tissue Paper
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- DecoArt Media White Gesso
- DecoArt Media Modelling Paste
- Taylored Expressions: Make it Amazing stamps
- Bo Bunny: Frost Glitter Paste
- Tsukineko: Versafine Clair Inks
- Wild Whisper: Sequins
- Pink ribbon


~~  Emma ~~




No comments:

Post a Comment