Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Charming - Vintage Car Canvas with Erin Quiding-Sampson


Hi I’m back on the blog today to share a little canvas with you. This vintage car canvas would be a great gift for fathers day.
To start, I coated my Chipboard pieces and a flat 5 by 7 canvas with Gesso.
While those were drying, I got my acrylic paint ready to pour onto my canvas. I wanted to make a marbled background, so I used DecoArt Black, white, silver morning and spun gold Acrylic paints. I added a little bit of pouring medium to the black and white paints to help them flow better. I poured my paint onto the canvas in puddles, layering them on top of one another.
When I thought I had enough paint to cover, I grabbed something large enough to hold the canvas to catch all the paint drippings.
Angle the canvas back and forth until you get it all covered. This needs to dry for at least overnight. Mine is still not dry as I type this, but I live in a VERY WET climate.
Next, I painted my chipboard. I used my finger to rub black and silver paint across the top of the vintage car. I wanted to highlight all the grooves of the grill and head lights and I find this works very well. I painted the Chipboard word using Silver and the decorative pieces black. After these were dried, I used Matte gel medium to adhere the chipboard down onto the canvas. Once I get it completely dried I will place it into a small picture frame for hanging.
Thank so much for stopping by, please check out all the vintage chipboard pieces on www.chipbaord.ca to create your own canvas.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:

Other Supplies Used:
- Deco Art Acrylic Paint
- DeSerres Acrylic Pouring Medium
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Gesso
- 5"x 7" flat Canvas

Thanks so much for stopping in.  
~ Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment