Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Set of 3 ATC's with Erin Quiding-Sampson

         

To start, I cut my Art Trading Cards (3.5” by 2.5”) out of 110lb card stock, then did a thin coat of gesso over the top.


Next, I cut scrap papers to use on the background and applied them using matte gel medium.


I used a bit of black paint and distress oxides (listed below) on my background.


I then did a white wash on both the lightbulb and the fly chipboard pieces.


I used a bright yellow embossing powder on the lightbulbs and used a pigment powder to colour the flies with.


I used a white gel pen to make markings on the tail end of the flies.
All the pieces were adhered down with gel medium, then I added white and teal paint splatters all over.


I also used a bit of the teal pigment around the edges to tie it all together.

         

South Ridge Trading Company Products:

- Bees/Flies

Other Products Used:

- Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink: Distress Oxides – Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry and Fossilized Amber
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Acrylic Paint in Black and White
- Gesso
- Magical, Pigment Powder in Tibetan Poppy Teal
- Embossing powder

These little cards are so much fun to create and trade. I hope you give it a try.
Thanks for looking,
Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment