Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Easter Tag with Erin Quiding-Sampson

Hello everyone, Happy second day of Spring!!


Today I’m sharing my Easter Tag. I had so much fun creating this, and I hope you like it too. I tried out a new (to me) technique by applying Foil to my paper and chipboard using Tombow Multi Liquid Glue. It worked amazingly well! I put a small amount of Tombow directly onto my non-stick, craft mat and just daubed my Happy Easter chipboard piece directly into it. I made sure it was well covered then set it aside to get tacky. After it became tacky, I applied my foil sheet directly to the chipboard and rubbed with a spatula, making sure it was all foiled.


I then painted my bunny chipboard piece with Cinnamon Brown acrylic paint and allowed it to dry.


I cut out several papers in pastel shades and patterns. I distressed and added antique linen distress ink to the edges of each layer. I applied the glue with my finger randomly around each piece of card stock and layered the foil over. It was easily transferred and created super cool distressing.


I glued down all the papers leaving the edges free to add bits of paper and embellishments later. I glued down my chipboard and added some buttons and flowers in matching colours. I Finished it all off by giving it a little spray of gesso splatters and added a bow and different fibers to the top of the tag.





Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:



Other Products Used:

- Tombow: Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Thermo-Web: Deco foil in Lilac
- Ranger Ink for Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - Antique Linen
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint: Cinnamon Brown
- Paper Flowers
- Ribbons and fibers
- Buttons
- Various papers
- Gesso

I love the way this turned out and I’m thinking about what I can foil this way next.
Have a happy Easter!
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment