Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Heart Belongs To You with Tracy Moreau

Valentines Day inspires many of us to proclaim our love for that someone special! Try making a statement with this Fun valentines  or anytime ornament. A little edgy and all Romance , this barbered wire heart is  a quick and easy project for a  proclamation of Love!

I started with a washed base coat of thinned  Tuscan Red over the panel and then stencilled that with warm white and my favourite Baroque background Stencil. While that dried I used a cosmetic sponge, to apply Extreme Sheen 24 Ky Gold to the Barbed Wire frame.
Once dry I applied a wash of Razzle Berry over the whole surface , to set the stencilled design back just a little. ( I only wanted a little light pattern in the background)




Once I traced and transferred the design to the surface , I based the floral with Tuscan Red and the leaves with Antique Green, then shaded around the floral with thinned Soft Black. I began shading and Highlighting the Floral and the leaves to bring the design forward. As I worked I balanced the design by Applying a wash of Heavily thinned Soft Black over the background to create more contrast.  While that dried I began adding some shading and some highlighting to the barbed wire to create depth and structure to the wire frame.








I glued the frame to the panel and then added a piece of bakers Twine to the top centre in the V of the heart. I borrowed a detail from a friend and added a small banner to the frame with my Own Declaration, but you could choose any message you like. I cut this from card Stock and chose a Lovely font to print my Declaration.


For this project you will need:

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Tuscan Red, Soft Black , Asphaltum, Warm White, Antique Green , Margarita, Plantation Pine, Razzle Berry and Extreme Sheen 24Kt Gold
- Dynasty Brushes: Tracy Moreau Stencil Brush, Black Gold 1/4 Angle, Black Gold 10/0 Liner, Black Gold #6 Round and Black Gold  3/4 flat wash.
- Misc: E6000 Glue, and permanent (2) Glue Dots. ( for the paper Banner), bakers twine for the hanger.

Designed By Tracy Moreau













No comments:

Post a Comment