Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Snow Globe Shaker with Erin Quiding-Sampson



Hello! Today I created a snow globe/shaker ornament using a couple different chipboard pieces from SRTC. The chipboard tag and from a release coming soon, the Holly Berry Cluster.


The first thing I did was choose papers I would use to adhere to the tag for my background. I ended up using the front and back covers of an old Graphic 45 paper collection. I used double sided tape to stick it down, then cut the excess off. I also glued down my Santa with the little kids looking in, over top of the background paper. I wanted this to lay flat so my shaker bits didn’t get stuck.



I then used strips of foam adhesive around the outside of my shaker leaving room to have a hole at the top for hanging. I then added the shaker bits inside the center.

For my shaker window I used a clear pillow box from my stash. I cut it in half then used my powder tool on it so that all the bits don’t get staticky and cling to the window. I then pressed the plastic down making sure there is a good seal all the way around, so nothing spills out.

I used a glitter glue to go around the top to hide the foam and create the look of the “glass” being frosted around the outside. I used a bit of Glitter Ritz on top of that which is super fine and gorgeous.

Next, I coloured the Holly chipboard piece using Spectrum Noir Markers.


After I coloured the holly and berries, I decided to colour the section of ribbon red then added glitter glue to the top to make it iridescent I also added a little to each berry to give them that frosted look.

Once that was dried, I glued it down towards the bottom of the tag and then added an iridescent ribbon to the top for hanging with a small bow to finish it off.
I loved creating this little shaker ornament and I hope you give it a try!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:

- Chipboard Tag (coming soon)

Other Supplies Used:

- Front and back covers of an old Graphic 45 paper pad
- Crafters Companion: Spectrum Noir Alchohol Markers 
- Glitter glue
 - Glitter Ritz: Crystal
- Double sided tape
- Iridescent ribbon
- Piece of a Pillow box
- Foam strips for creating dimension
- Beads, glitter, micro beads sequins and other fillers for the inside 


Thanks for looking ~ Erin







No comments:

Post a Comment