Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Christmas Countdown Clock with Erin Sampson


Hi I’m back with my second project for SRTC šŸ˜Š first thing I did to make this fun count down clock was to cover a 12 x 12 canvas and my chipboard pieces with Gesso - allow to dry
Place stencil down again and add distress paint in peeled paint and fired brick. I still wanted more colour so I squished the two distress paints into the top of the canvas and let it run. I picked up the extra paint with a baby wipe to keep it from being too much. I then made some metallic gold and black acrylic paint more fluid by adding some alcohol spray to it. I splattered the canvas and added some dots with the paints. Set aside to dry.


I made 24 flowers, then glued numbers 1 to 24 to the centres of each.  

Take the Chipboard words and adhere some microbeads onto them for added texture. I allowed it to dry then used the same fluid, gold acrylic paint over them. Ad some white acrylic over the top and lastly rubbed a little black paint around the edges of the words to help them stand out better. Find the center of your canvas and poke a hole through – this will be where your clock hand gets fastened.


Glue the numbers in place around the canvas.
Glue a small ¼ inch bead to the bottom of the clock hand to keep it raised off the canvas ( to make it easy to turn and allow clearance over the chipboard words)
I used a long brad to fasten the clock hand to the canvas. I had to cut the brads arms …errr legs? lol (what do we call those?) so that they fit through the bead and I could fasten the hand on.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:


This was a simple and fun project to make. I hope you give it a try.
Thanks for looking ~ Erin







No comments:

Post a Comment