Friday, May 12, 2017

Colour Outside the Lines with Deb Antonick

I have been having a lot of fun trying new styles and products. For this project, I went way outside my comfort zone. I hope you enjoy my little journey.


I started with an 8” x 8” Canvas board with a coat of gesso and then some bright DecoArt Acrylics.








Blend the colours carefully with some White.
While still we, I rolled over it with a brayer to create a chippy distressed look.


Spatter with some White and then some Black.




Once dry, I stenciled on some circles with Gesso, and then White paint.


I then coloured the circles with some Tim Holtz Distressed Crayons. I use these for the first time and I quite enjoyed working with then. I love the freedom of blending with my fingers. I then outlined the circles with the Stabilo Aquarlleable Pencil and smudged with my angle shading brush.




I then stamped a and embossed the upper right corner.
I stamped some text and music.
I embossed a little music on the edges.
I embossed the dragon fly and attached it with Pop Up Dots.




Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- 8” x 8” Canvas board
- Brushes: ¾” flat, 3/8” angular shader
- DecoArt: Gesso, Dragon Fruit, Peacock Teal, Orange Flame, Sour Apple and Titanium White
- Tim Holtz Distress Crayons: Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire, Twisted Citron and Picket Fence
- Stabilo 8046 Aquarellable Pencil
- Ranger Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink and Embossing Ink Pad
- Circle maker template
- Brayer
- Stampendous: Vintage Embossing Powder
- Stampendous Stamps: CRS7003 Musical Motif, CRS7001 Mixed Media Brush Strokes, CRN253 Color Outside sentiment and CRV219 Dream Forever

Deb Antonick








1 comment: