Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Winter Cards with Guest Designer Kim Evans

2017 is here...

 and I am working on posts like crazy. This one is for the amazing Canadian shop Southern Ridge Trading Co. The new challenge is up and its all about winter. 

I made a couple of cards this season using a couple of my favourite chipboard pieces. The first of my faves is the Small Snowflake Wreath.

I quickly painted them up with some Picket fence paint dabber by Ranger and Tim Holtz.

Then I dumped the Fractured Ice embossing powder by Emerald Creek onto it. I heated one partially to create ice crystals. It's an amazing effect and the chipboard really holds the half melted powders well. 

To others, I went for the full melt giving them the perfect glassy glacier ice look.


Here's a shot of the 3 stages all were perfect for any card.


Then I quickly added paste to snowflake stencils with my finger so i could control which snowflakes received the paste. Adding a little bit of the Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder, Also by Emerald Creek, and heating them made them puff up perfectly. (you seriously have to try this powder and technique)

Adding some crinkle ribbon and a charm finished it off perfectly


The Second chipboard piece I am in LOVE with is the Retro TV

I grabbed some Candy Orange embossing powder, and covered the body of the TV


Don't miss the edges and for the best result use the Ranger Emboss It Dabber (SRTC also carries this by special request).


Then I used  a block felt to colour the cardstock underneath and the Charred Gold embossing powder (not online, but SRTC does carry it, just email about it), to create the knob buttons and cover the legs.


And Charred gold to the antenna...


and randomly dry sprinkled over the patterned cardstock and word tag and then heated from under neath. (no ink was needed)


I had printed my favourite scene from the Rudolf Christmas Movie, black and whited it and dropped the greys and then coloured up the characters using my Tombow Markers (coming soon to SRTC for a limited time).


My mind is reeling with ideas for this TV and it is a must have. 

Southern Ridge Trading Company Product Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Fractured Ice Embossing Powder, Charred Gold Embossing Powder, Candy Orange Embossing Powder, Soft Fallen Snow Embossing Powder and Snowflake Charms
- Tombow Markers 

Thanks for joining me today,

4 comments:

  1. It's great to see Kim as Guest Designer here on Southern Ridge! What a fabulous marriage of her unique powders with Southern Ridge's wonderful chippies! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products! Love the fractured ice-how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and wonderful projects too-that tv card is too stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great presentation and treatment of the chippies Kim.

    ReplyDelete