Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Beach Canvas with Guest Designer Cathy Potosky

Hi everyone, Cathy here doing a guest post at Southern Ridge Trading Company! I created a piece for CHA using some of my favourite things and they include a number of chipboard and wood pieces from Southern Ridge. I love the designs, so intricate and they take colour and other mediums so well. You can make any piece fit any project and colour scheme you want and that make these chipboard pieces a must have!

I love the beach, that is no secret, and I love to emboss! So I created this mixed media beach piece to remind myself how nice it will be in a few months.

I knew I needed to use the Chairs and Umbrella piece, it is one of my favourites. I embossed it in several different colours and it shows all the detail in the chipboard. So intricate.


I then used the starfish from the Mini Ocean Set and the shell and crab from the Ocean Mix 1 and embossed them. 




And one of my absolute favourites, that I kind of hoarded because I love them as is, are the Wooden Sand Dollars.


The background was done with some old paper from my stash, and then some texture paste shells from a stencil and I added some shimmer for a little pop. The palm tree was from my TH Die set and fit just right behind my chairs.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

 - Sand Dollars

Thank you for having me Southern Ridge Trading Company!! It's an honour to be here and showing off some of your pieces that I love!


 
Langley, BC
**The path to a friend's house is never long**







1 comment:

  1. Cathy love the techniques you used on your project! Awesome. I love sand dollars too very cool.

    ReplyDelete