Monday, December 14, 2015

"Merry Christmas" Vintage Card

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was full of crafty projects. It's my turn back on the blog today with a vintage Merry Christmas card. Just a reminder that there are still 17 days to participate in our Monthly Challenge featuring Christmas Words. Head here to see all of the details on how to enter and add your project. 

Supplies Used: SRTC - Merry Christmas Greetings Pack, Leafy Frame and Assorted Flowers. Emerald Creek - Onyx Frost Embossing Powder. Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts - VersaMark. Maja Designs - 6x6 "Home for the Holidays". Bazzill Cardstock - Brown Cardstock. Ranger - Ground Espresso Distress Ink and Blending Tool.

The chipboard pieces that I used on my card are the Merry Christmas Greetings Pack and Leafy Frame. To start, I separated the Merry Christmas word with scissors so that I could place the "Merry" at the top of the card and "Christmas" at the bottom of the card. For the words and the leafy frame, I went overtop of them with Ground Espresso Distress Ink. Once I was happy with the coverage of the ink, I covered the words and leafy frame lightly with VersaMark. Once the VersaMark is on the chipboard pieces, I sprinkled over Onyx Frost embossing powder from Emerald Creek and embossed it with a heat tool. Below are pictures of how the chipboard pieces look once embossed. To finish off my leafy frame, I added the old fashioned santa picture to the frame and then added an assortment of flowers to the top right and bottom left hand corners of the frame.




Here is my card with all of the elements put together


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my vintage Merry Christmas card. Stay tuned for some more fabulous projects from our design team this week. We would love to see your project for our monthly challenge. 

Until Next Time!
-Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning card, Katelyn! I live the embossing on the chipboard words.

    ReplyDelete