Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Starfish Canvas - July Challenge

Happy Wednesday! Hope your week has been fantastic and that you only have a few more days until the weekend when you can get some crafting done. It's my turn back on the blog today so I thought I would create something with our "Summer" challenge in mind, you can find all of the details HERE. Please share your summer challenge piece as we want to see them in the link attached to our July challenge post. I won't make you wait any longer to see my piece, so here it is:

I put a foundation on my canvas first of Dina Wakley White Gesso, this seals the canvas so the paint isn't wasted. Once the Gesso was dry I added a layer of Dina Wakley "Lapis" paint over the entire surface. Before the Lapis colour dried I painted over with a layer of Dina Wakley Sky & Turquoise paint. With doing that, it gives it a variation in colour for the background. 


I love starfishes so when I saw that Karen had starfishes on the website, I knew I needed them. If you want to order them the number is NAT-320. I used BT5 & TB9 from the Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker range on my starfishes. Once I was happy with how they looked I added glossy accents over top of them. If you add glossy accents to them allow them to dry for 24hours. Here is an up close picture of the starfishes: 

Supplies Used: SRTC: NAT-320, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers: BT5 & TB9, and Ranger Glossy Accents.


To complete the canvas I cut out some images from Bo Bunny's "Boardwalk" paper line which fit perfectly with my beach theme. 

Supplies Used: SRTC: NAT-320, Bo Bunny: Boardwalk, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers: BT5 & TB9, and Ranger Glossy Accents.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my canvas. Everyone at Southern Ridge can't wait to see what you create for our July challenge. As always make sure that you check out our Facebook page for more great inspiration from our Design Team members and our customers. 

Until Next Time!
-Katelyn



No comments:

Post a Comment