Monday, June 29, 2015

Just a Note Card

Happy Monday! Hopefully you were able to stay cool this weekend. We still have our challenge going on and you can see and read all of the details HERE. We can't wait to see what you have created. So it's my turn back on the blog and I created a card this time. I won't make you wait any longer, here it is.


Here is the card using HHP-624:

Supplies Used: Prima Marketing - Garden Fable, Bazzill Cardstock - Hot Pink, Southern Ridge - Flowers & HHP-624, Seam Binding Ribbon - Hot Pink.


On the HHP-624 piece I put 2 layers of white gesso on first just to seal it so that the paint would take to the piece better. Once that was dry, I added a layer of Paper Artsy Fresco Paint in Vintage Lace to give it a soft finish. The detail is so gorgeous on this piece that I didn't want to take away from it. 



To create the background behind the birdcage I used a piece of 300gsm watercolour paper and added the Donna Downey "Chicken Coupe" stencil to the bottom left and top right hand corners using Ranger Texture Paste. Once this dried I sprayed it with Prima Marketing Colour Bloom in Vintage Coal and Heidi Swapp Citron and Raspberry. 


And that's my card! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Remember you still have a couple of days to submit your challenge project. I can't wait to see what you have created and I will be back on July.2nd to announce the winner of our June challenge. 

Until Next Time!
-Katelyn




No comments:

Post a Comment