Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Need for Speed

I've got another canvas for you today.
OMGosh, these things are too much fun.
 
I created this one for my son's upcoming Birthday.
 
I've used VEH-533
from the newest releases.
 

 
 
There is so much detail in this piece. My mind went wild.
So, what I've done is take my versamark pen. (I love this pen and it's so inexpensive.)
Going over the particular areas one section at a time, then using silver glitter,
Red Glitter, Black and a little white Zing embossing powder.
 
 I needed to go over each area twice for a nice coverage. (my powder is Old)
 
On the silver portions, I went over some several times to create dimension and show division.
I added some flat silver circles at the wheel spoke and two other areas to really set that off.
 
I also used my microliner to add a thin line in some area.
(This was risky as the next step can cause it to bleed. Thankfully, it worked out).
 
Finally, I covered it all once again in a versamark pad; covering with UTEE to set it all off and add some amazing shine.
 
The letters I created from a sizzix die, using the same colors and process.
The background is done by using my copic airbrush.
I've created a stencil using my zing cutter, using various blue tones and
moving the stencil around, I get the flame.
 
I hope you enjoyed my project today.
I'll see you soon.
Hugs xxx
Dorinda
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment