Friday, March 20, 2015

Heart aflutter

My new addiction is altered playing cards, and I am in a group where we are slowly working our way through the whole pack of 52, its so much fun.

My Altered Playing Card features a smaller piece than is available in the store, its the outer heart from HRT-479. Did you know all those hearts separate ? Well they do :)
 You make my heart flutter ... I loved that sentiment coupled with the imagery. I added butterflies in co-ordinating colors to give an ombre effect :

What I really like about working with chipboard is the stability and depth of a piece. Here I had stamped and colored my butterfly image, the heart was painted and sanded. Then when it was all glued down I was able to add a thick layer of diamond glaze. It feels so scrumptious. 
Close up :
I hope you found some inspiration here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment