Monday, November 3, 2014

Moondance

Such lovely evenings here at the moment, cool and clear, its very dark with a beautiful moon. As a long time Van Morrison fan the song 'Moondance' sprung to mind and an idea came to life. 

You know the first few lines of Moondance : 
"Well, its a marvelous night for a Moondance, 
with the stars up above in your eyes. 
A fantabulous night to make romance, 
'neath the cover of October skies".

I hope I did it justice :) I wanted to create dark, romantic and magical for this canvas.
I used this adorable flourish, BOR-345 from Southern Ridge Trading Company. I colored it with inca gold. Each letter was stamped individually and cut out. I love how the letters seem to dance and follow the curve of the   flourish. Can you see the music tissue paper behind the flourish too :)
Thank you for stopping by x

No comments:

Post a Comment