Monday, October 13, 2014

Mixed Media TAG - using NAT-306



Hello Everyone, it's me, Dunja, from Germany. Sorry for being quiet, but the health is more important than crafting, right? ;)  Well, I am happy, to be back again. I'm here today to show you my latest creation using the great Southern Ridge Trading Company stuff. I created a mixed media TAG and I've used the NAT-306 Leaves. They are available in two different sizes and I used both of them for my creation. The tag is full of layers, different styles, colors, mediums and pearls. I colored the leaves with my Faber-Castell Gelato's.  I love those colors. The size of the tag is 20x7 cm. 

Here is a little How To that'll show you how I created my TAG on the base. 

At first I've used Gesso and then I added the colors of the Faber-Castell Gelatos: Snow Cone and Acqua Dolce.


Then I did some stamping on the background. The lines are very delicate and it looks great. After stamping I have used the the Mask Art - Geometric Tiles with the texture paste, applied with a spatula, then it had to dry briefly. I have used a gel paste also and when it was dry, it sparkles a little bit, iridescent. After the next Drying phase I used the Mask A5 Burlap and some color sprays, once turquoise and even a pearl glitter. In the close-ups you can see the better.


After everything has dried, I applied gel medium on the tag. Because it dries so beautifully transparent, you can sprinkle the small beads (or glitter etc.). The effect is really awesome. I also add on my TAG some ribbon, flowers, a large organza flower and rhinestones









I'm really curious how you like the absolutely not cute TAG.  I / we would like to read your comments :) 
Have a great time and hope to see you soon. Check out our blog, there are so many gorgeous creations, just for you by my super lovely teamie's.

Thanks you very much for stopping by, have a wonderful day,

Much Love from Germany, Dunja

3 comments:

  1. This is oh so beautiful! Love the texture, especially with those mini beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really great now I can see all the detail in the close up pics.

    ReplyDelete