Sunday, March 9, 2014

Mixed Media Creative Canvas

Hello everyone! Cheri here!! With my first post on the new Southern Ridge Trading Co. blog! Whooo hoo!! Have you been enjoying the projects by my talented team mates? Made with this awesome new Canadian company's chipboard shapes? I am over joyed to have joined this team and I am so happy to show you this project. As many of you are as well, I have been having a BLAST with the new mixed media sensation that has hit our crafty paper crafting universe and it's ALL I've wanted to do for some time. And these shapes from SRTC are PERFECT!! I was inspired by the colours of another mixed media artist on Pinterest (psst... I'm a Pinterest JUNKIE....come follow my boards here) and anyhow I found this GORGEOUS canvas and wanted to use this as inspiration. Here is mine....
So I am addicted to quotes and word inspirations... and then I make these wall hangings. This one if its hard to read, says I'm Creative. You can't Expect Me to be Neat too! I started off with gesso and gel medium to glue down cheesecloth and then layers of flowers and fun chipboard!!! Check out these cool flourishes!!!

After laying down all of the embellishments there is layer after layer of paint and spray mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang and Tattered Angels. The title letters are from American Crafts Thickers. I sure hope you like what you see here, I will be starting some YouTube videos of my canvas art very soon, be sure to pop over to my blog Graphicat Creations to be sure not to miss them!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like this and love it. Very creative and like how it doesn't appear cluttered though you used a lot of items on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very bright and bold Cheri. Truly a work of art and creativeness. One of a kind! I love how you've used the chipboard.

    ReplyDelete